FOR ALL U.S. CITIZENS ONLY
Stanley Security Solutions is proud to present the “Unlock the Prize” Contest, April 10th-12th! It is easy to enter! Just follow these instructions to be entered to win a gift card during the ISC West Trade Show!
- Follow @StanleySecurity on Twitter
- Retweet the contest entry tweets from @StanleySecurity during ISC West contest period (1 entry per day)
- You’re entered to win a gift card!
- If we receive 1 to 50 retweets, one winner will be awarded a $25 Amex Gift Card
- 51 to 100 retweets for a chance to win a $50 Amex Gift Card
- 101 to 250 retweets for a chance to win a $100 Amex Gift Card
- If we receive over 250 retweets, one winner will win a $250 Amex Gift Card!
Please see below for rules and regulations. This contest is for people residing in the United States.
Official Contest Rules
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. This Contest is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter Inc.
- HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter this Contest, each participant must (a) follow @StanleySecurity on Twitter, and (b) tweet/retweet the contest tweet from @StanleySecurity during the Contest Period (“Entry”). Each participant may receive up to one (1) Entry per Twitter® account per day.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION: This Stanley Security ISC West 2013 Unlock the Prize Contest (“Contest”) begins on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“E.T.”) and ends on Friday, April 12, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. E.T. (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Contest. There will be a total of one (1) drawing to award one (1) prize. The random drawing will be held on Friday, April 12, 2013 at approximately 5 p.m. E.T. by a representative of Sponsor. The first Entry drawn will be deemed the winner (“Prize Winner”). Entrants are not required to be present to win. Entry in this Contest does not constitute entry into any other contest, promotion or sweepstakes.
- AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s unconditional acceptance of and agreement to these Official Contest Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the sponsor of this Contest, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (“Sponsor”), shall be final and legally binding in all respects, in Sponsor’s absolute and sole discretion.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) states in the U.S.A. and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry in this Contest. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Contest advertising agencies, Contest prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and any and all other persons associated with this Contest (collectively, “Contest Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (including parents, in-laws, siblings, children or spouse regardless of where they live) and/or members living in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate in this Contest. Eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- ENTRIES: All Entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter address by Twitter or other organization that is responsible for assigning Twitter addresses for the domain associated with the submitted Twitter address.
- PRIZE/ODDS/: Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in this Contest. One (1) prize will be awarded to the Prize Winner depending upon the Prize Winner’s number of tweets/retweets during the Contest Period as follows:
|Number of Tweets/Retweets During the Contest Period||Prize|
|1 to 50 tweets/retweets during the Contest Period||$25 American Express Gift Card|
|51 to 100 tweets/retweets during the Contest Period||$50 American Express Gift Card|
|101 to 250 tweets/retweets during the Contest Period||$100 American Express Gift Card|
|Over 250 tweets/retweets during the Contest Period||$250 American Express Gift Card|
The retail value of the prize shall be as set forth above and shall not $250.
- NOTIFICATION: Prize Winner will be notified by Direct Message via Twitter using the Twitter address provided by the entrant within approximately ten (10) days of the drawing. Sponsor shall have no liability for any prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any Prize Winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any Prize Winner does not respond within ten (10) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such Prize Winner, such Prize Winner will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. No cash alternative or substitution will be allowed, provided, however, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. All prize awards are subject to verification by the Sponsor and Winner must meet all eligibility requirements and fully comply with these Official Rules. If any Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if they have not complied with these Official Rules or decline a prize for any reason prior to award, such Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- CLAIMING PRIZES: Prize Winner must complete, sign and return to Sponsor the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release, and, where lawful and/or required, any other publicity release forms before their prize is shipped to them. Prizes will be shipped to the Prize Winner approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks after the end of the Contest Period. Prize Winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize. Prize Winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. Acceptance of any prize constitutes Prize Winner’s permission for the Sponsor to use Prize Winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, “Attributes”) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Contest Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS/RELEASES: By entering and participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities, Twitter, Inc., and their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, rights, claims and causes of action that entrant may have or which may arise against the Released Parties for any illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or personal or property damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in this Contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize; (B) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in this Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from this Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen or unsuccessful submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible for any reason, including but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. Any attempt by a participant to use multiple Twitter® accounts to multiply their number of entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Forged entries or entries made by any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, and/or through other third-party websites or software programs are invalid and will be disqualified for this Contest. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend or terminate this Contest if it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated herein. Sponsor does not accept responsibility for network computer hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict or delay the entrant participating in this Contest.
- FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial, state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate this Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated Contest Period, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Prize Winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules or other statements contained in any Contest -related materials, including but not limited to print or online advertising or promotional materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MARYLAND AND APPLICABLE FEDERAL LAWS OF THE USA. ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND HEREBY CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS OF MARYLAND OF THE USA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- AMENDMENT: Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time and any amendment will be found on the website http://www.securityspeaks.com.
- PRIZE WINNER/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the Prize Winner or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Stanley Security ISC West 2013 “Unlock the Prize” Contest, c/o Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., 480 Myrtle Street, New Britain, Connecticut 06053, U.S.A. All such requests must be received by May 31, 2013.© 2013 Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
The use of any prize manufacturer, name or trademark in connection with any of the prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such prize, and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship.
Read more about Stafford County Public School’s experiences in a recent SecurityMagazine.com article titled “Securing Doors in Schools, Hospitals and Detention Centers” by Claire Meyer.
Stafford County is located forty miles south of Washington, D.C. and fifty-five miles north of Richmond, VA. It is a family-oriented suburban community where the school enrollment of approximately 27,000 is divided amongst five high schools, eight middle schools and seventeen elementary schools.
The school division has experienced rapid growth and maintains its commitment to educational excellence. Support received from the Board of Supervisors and the community, have enabled the school division to maintain, improve, and expand school facilities, transportation offerings, and instructional programs. Significant technology advances ensure students have the opportunity to learn practical work skills in modern facilities.
“Stanley Security Solutions has been a true partner in rebuilding our access control program.”
- Rob Adams, Director, Operations & Maintenance, Stafford County Public Schools
Stanley Security Solutions began providing products and services to Stafford County Public Schools (SCPS) in the mid-1980’s, but the working relationship has greatly progressed since 2008. As the school system began to research higher levels of student safety in the classroom, SCPS Assistant Superintendent for Facilities, Scott Horan, contacted the Stanley Security Solutions team. As discussions around other security related topics broadened, it was clear that SCPS wanted to explore new ways to enhance security campus-wide and system-wide.
During early investigative research, panic hardware and door closers were pinpointed for thorough review. It was also important to SCPS to increase the ability to monitor all traffic into and out of their facilities. The building exteriors were still being secured with keys and access was given to a large number of individuals.
The administration and staff at SCPS focused their efforts on incorporating solutions that would fix security issues and enhance security in general. “Student safety is a priority to them,” says John Johnson, Territory Account Manager for Stanley Security Solutions.
Stanley Security Solutions worked closely with SCPS officials to survey all properties, identify any deficiencies, enhance security overall and pull together a 5-year plan to make it all happen. A combination of Wi-Q, Precision panic hardware, Stanley door closers and BEST products like CORMAX, 9K and 40H have provided SCPS with a solution that fits their exact needs.
Wi-Q™ / Intelligent power for your access control needs
What began as a classroom security project, grew into a multi-year, multi-level project covering all facets of student safety and security including support services building/facilities like transportation. From push-button locks on classroom doors, to upgraded panic hardware to perfecting the function of door closers and door hardware, it’s all for the safety and security of the students.
“SCPS Facilities Services is committed to providing instructional and support spaces that are clean, safe and effective to educational activities and by delivering quality customer service through responsive, flexible, innovative, and efficient practices,” said Scott Horan SCPS Assistant Superintendent for Facilities. “Stanley Security Solutions helps us to meet those objectives.”
The Stanley Security Solutions team makes frequent check-ins between installations. John Johnson added, “Go-live events generally include a territory account manager, a project manager and other technical folks, sometimes even a sales manager, but we also like to check-in and see how things are going. We’re always here to support the customer.”
“With the assistance of Stanley Security Solutions, we have been able to manage our access efficiently, ultimately providing more secure facilities.”
Rob Adams, Director, Operations & Maintenance, Stafford County Public Schools
- Potential decrease in labor costs (vs. online system)
- Potential increase in staff productivity (vs. off-line system)
- Increases security levels (vs. std mechanical system)
- Decreases risk associated with network downtime (vs. online system)
- Assists in key management
- Extends system life
- May reduce liability insurance costs
- Increases safety of personnel
- Controls duplication of keys
- Protects assets of organization
Stanley Security Solutions, Inc. was a participant and exhibitor in this year’s American Society for Healthcare Engineers 49th Annual Conference & Exhibition. Located in booth #542, on July 16 & 17, at Henry Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas, the SSS team featured: Behavioral Healthcare Solutions, Healthcare Door Systems and Antimicrobial Protected Coating.
Didn’t visit us at the show? Visit us online at www.StanleySecuritySolutions.com
With more than 11,000 members, ASHE is the largest association devoted to optimizing the health care physical environment. As a trusted industry resource, ASHE is committed to our members, the facilities they build and maintain, and the patients they serve.
Visit ASHE at http://www.ashe.org/
Photos at the Stanley Security Solutions Booth
(Left) New electronic Hold Open Door Closer
(Below, right) Behavioral Healthcare portfolio solutions including: SEDA – Stanley Emergency Door Alarm,
SPSL – Stanley Patient Safety Lever and SSRL – Stanley Seclusion Room Lock.
Stanley Security Solutions recently announced the release of a new QRM series removable mullion portfolio for the K2 exit device product offering. Available in three powder coat finishes (600, 689, and 695) the new mullion offering provides significant application adaptability for the QED100 and QED300 exit device products respectively.
The QRM series mullions have been certified by UL – Underwriters Laboratories for panic hardware assemblies used in conjunction with the K2 exit device models QED100 & QED300. Additional available features such as a UL fire label, HC – Hurricane Compliant and KR – Keyed Removable option may also be ordered.
The new K2 Removable Mullion offering significantly increase the product’s applications and abilities,” said Mike McCoy. “Then add to that, the availability of a Florida Building Code (FBC) compliant feature.”
The new QRM series mullions exceed the available options previously offered within the K2 8Q series. Consequently the 8Q model has been discontinued.
The new K2 removable mullion portfolio demonstrates Stanley’s continued commitment, as a comprehensive security solutions source, to provide you with the services and products that meet and exceed your specific application requirements.
For additional information regarding these products or other questions regarding our extensive portfolio of services and security solutions, please visit us at www.stanleysecuritysolutions.com and contact your local Stanley Security Solutions sales representative.
Stanley Security Solutions started a Stanley Security Solutions Gives Back to help enrich communities throughout the world. Together with thousands of Stanley associates, it has donated financial resources and volunteer time to support various non-profit organizations including Victory Junction, Habitat for Humanity and Race for the Cure.
This month, Stanley Security Solutions is proud to sponsor the Indiana Walk for Wishes, part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The Indiana Walk for Wishes is a three-mile walk that will take place at Fort Harrison State Park on July 14th in Indianapolis.
Walk for Wishes helps raise money for children two-and-a-half to 18 years old that have been dealing with life-threatening medical conditions. There are currently more than 184 pending wishes in Indiana alone and the Make-A-Wish foundation has a goal to raise at least $115,000 for these children. After the walk, participants are invited to meet the Wish children that they that they are supporting.
This year, Stanley Security Solutions is sponsoring a little boy and granting his wish is to go to Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. This trip will be forever remembered by him and his family. We welcome all of our blog readers to join in and take part in this event to help grant wishes for more children! Please click here to find out how you can contribute to the Make a Wish Foundation.
Stanley Security Solutions recently created a team to redesign and reboot the Stanley Security Solutions web presence. The team identified the need for a complete 360-degree experience across all platforms with richer content, video and a robust social media presence within the Stanley Security site itself. With phase one going live on June 28th, we’ve redesigned the existing website and coordinated the look and feel across all social media platforms.
While the new site looks great, the work has just begun. Phase two of the project will be a much larger, more intensive redesign of all Stanley Security Solutions web sites. Our goal is to create a web experience that leads the security industry, provides information in minimal clicks and accurately demonstrates the breadth of solutions that Stanley Security Solutions can offer. This phase of the project will be an ongoing transformation beginning with the largest divisions of Stanley Security Solutions being addressed first.
As we move ahead in our redesign and planning, we would like your feedback. Check out the new site: stanleysecuritysolutions.com What two things would you most like to see on the new Stanley Security Solutions web site? What key features do you find the most important when visiting a website? Leave your suggestions in the comments section below. If we use your idea on the new web site, we will send you something to show our appreciation. Thank you for being patient during our redesign phase. Stay tuned to the blog for more updates and features in the very near future.
Have you had a chance to review the Stanley Security Solutions’ portfolio of Windstorm Certified products? The K2 product offering has received Windstorm Certification approval for a variety of exit device/removable mullion, cylindrical lock, and dead bolt applications.
The products have been tested in accordance with the South Florida Building Code requirements. The testing was conducted utilizing an independent third party laboratory. The information below outlines the important Windstorm Certification testing elements required for a successful product approval.
Static Air Pressure Test – Simulates wind loading by evenly distributing air pressure to the face of the door assembly in positive and negative directions. The door assembly must not have excessive deflection or deformation while remaining secure in the chamber.
Missile Impact Test – Simulates impacts created by wind driven debris impacting the exterior face of the doors with a 2 x 4 board at 50 feet per second. The board must not pass through the doors and the opening must remain secure in the chamber.
Cyclic Wind Pressure Test – Simulates wind gusts by repeating cycles of positive and negative air pressure to determine the integrity of the door assembly is not compromised with the Missile Impact Test. The door assembly must not have excessive deflection or deformation and must remain secure in the chamber.
NOA – Notice of Acceptance
The Miami-Dade County Product Control Division has approved these products to be used in Miami-Dade County and other areas where allowed by the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Product Control NOA Numbers 11-0325.04 (locking products) and 11-0606.02 (exit devices) have been issued and expire on August 18, 2016.
To see the NOA documentation online, visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/buildingcode/pc-search_app.asp and type in the NOA numbers referenced above under the Product Search Application link.
The K2 Windstorm Certification includes a component listing. In doing so, the K2 products can be used with any opening meeting the same Windstorm Certification requirements. Please reference the NOA documentation for additional details.
The new K2 Windstorm Certification demonstrates Stanley’s continued commitment, as a comprehensive security solutions source, to provide the services and products that meet and exceed customer specific application requirements.
For additional information regarding these new products or other questions regarding our extensive portfolio of services and security solutions, please visit us at www.stanleysecuritysolutions.com and contact your local Stanley Security Solutions sales representative.
Stanley Security Solutions recently announce the release of the new D-1610 Series Door Closer. The D-1610 is a slim line closer designed to accommodate the standard aluminum storefront application footprint. The D-1610 series construction incorporates heat treated steel components combined with a durable cast aluminum cylinder body.
Although both products incorporate a common mounting hole pattern, the D-1610 cylinder body and tri-pack arm assembly possess a more robust design and customer driven aesthetic appeal over the previous D-1650 model. The D-1610 series has been certified ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1, UL10C, and UBC 7-2. Consequently with the launch of the new D-1610, the D-1650 series will be discontinued.
The pinion and piston are constructed of heat treated steel maximizing stability to critical tolerances for reliable performance. Precise machining combined with “non-critical” regulating valves; enables fine-tune hydraulic adjustment of the general sweep, latch and backcheck speeds.
The new D-1610 Series Stanley Door Closer demonstrates Stanley’s continued commitment, as a comprehensive security solutions source, to provide the services and products that meet and exceed customer specific application requirements.
For additional information regarding these new products or other questions regarding our extensive portfolio of services and security solutions, please visit us at www.stanleysecuritysolutions.com and contact your local Stanley Security Solutions sales representative.
Stanley® Wi-Q™ technology brings intelligent power to your access control needs by offering a highly secure and scalable networked solution without the complexity of wiring. If you have been waiting for the right time to consider integrating wireless technology into your security program, now is the perfect time to take a look because Stanley Security Solutions, Inc. has just announced the immediate release of Wi-Q™ and Omnilock Wireless Version 3, which is the result of a major effort to enhance the performance of every aspect of wireless access control.
- More Capability – Additional features including more than 3,000 time zone/user group assignments available (512 time zones/user groups per for each of 6 access control segments).
- More Reliability – Redundant verification of system communications throughout.
- More Efficiency – Single database and user interface integration to Stanley B.A.S.I.S.® or OnGuard® (OAAP partner certified) for multi-function access control systems.
- Easier – Faster and easier tools for system installation and firmware updates when needed.
- More Compliance – Includes FIPS 140-2 option (NIST certification is in process).
For any other questions and information on backward compatibility, installation and training, please contact your Stanley Security Solutions sales representative.